Wilpshire Wanderers Club History

Wilpshire Wanderers Football Club was formed in 1997.
However, football teams have represented the Wilpshire and Salesbury area since the 1930's as the following two photographs testify.



Salesbury AFC 1930/31


Salesbury AFC 1931/32

Past Wilpshire Wanderers Teams

2015/2016 Under 8 Red
Merged with other squads for the 2016/17 season

 

2014/2015 Under 12 Blue
Merged with the U13 Red squad for the 2015/16 season

 

2014/2015 Under 15 Blue

 

2013/2014 Under 8 Black
Merged with other squads for the 2014/15 season

 

2013/2014 Under 16

 

2012/2013 Under 11 Red

 

2012/2013 Under 16

2011/2012 Under 11 Blue

2011/2012 Under 13


2011/2012 Under 16



2010/2011 Under 16



2009/2010 Under 18




2009/2010 Under 16

2008/2009 Under 16

2008/2009 Under 14 Girls


Opening of the Anvale Pavilion with Ronnie Clayton



10th September 2011: Wilpshire Wanderers Pay Tribute To Ronnie Clayton
For the 9 years prior to his sad death, Ronnie Clayton was the honorary president of Wilpshire Wanderers Football Club, in the heart of the community in which he lived. Club chairman Steve Frost acknowledged “Ronnie was, of course, a fantastic ambassador for the game and we were immensely proud to have him as our Honorary President. His contribution and support to the club has been invaluable.” This weekend the club paid a special tribute to Ronnie in recognition of all the work and support he gave over a number of years to the children and volunteers within the club. They have renamed the club house pavilion in his name. A local company Anvale Construction has previously sponsored the facility and they have kindly relinquished their name to allow the pavilion to be renamed in honour of the footballing legend. Anvale Managing Director Joe O’Connor commented “we have been proud to support the club through sponsoring the name of the facility but we are now immensely proud to support the renaming in honour of Ronnie.” The renaming of the pavilion was celebrated by members of the club and local community as the new plaque was unveiled by Ronnie’s wife Val.

Photos kindly provided by Kipax